P0022 FORD - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Retarded Bank 2
- Variable Camshaft Timing solenoid stuck open
- Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- VCT solenoid valve stuck open
- Open or short in the VCT circuit
- Open VPWR circuit
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
Tech notesDirty oil can clog the small holes in the VCT valve. Start by replacing your oil (with the recommended oil weight) and oil filter, if you have not replaced in the recommended oil change interval.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0022 Ford DescriptionThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the variable camshaft timing (VCT) position for an over-advanced camshaft timing. The test fails when the camshaft timing exceeds a maximum calibrated value or remains in an retarded position.
P0022 Ford Information for specific Ford models
Need more help?Get the P0022 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0022 FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0022 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks