P0022 2009 FORD FUSION - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Retarded Bank 2
P0022 2009 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Variable Camshaft Timing solenoid stuck open
- Continuous oil flow to the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- Faulty Variable Camshaft Timing
- Variable Camshaft Timing harness is open or shorted
- Variable Camshaft Timing circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
How do I fix code P0022 2009 FORD FUSION?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the P0022 2009 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0022 2009 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0022 2009 FORD FUSION DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Variable Camshaft Timing (VCT) position for an over-advanced camshaft timing. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when the camshaft timing exceeds a maximum calibrated value or remains in an retarded position.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0022 2009 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P0022 2009 Ford Fusion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0022 2009 Ford Fusion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks