B0002 - Driver Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control: Signal Cross Coupled
- Faulty Driver Sir Air Bag
- Driver Sir Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Sir Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?If the Restraints Control Module detects a short between the driver air bag stage 2 circuits and the circuits of another SRS component, it sets this DTC and the Detected Trouble Code (DTC) of the corresponding SRS component.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0002 DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all deployable device and sensor circuits for a signal cross coupled (short) between circuits. If the RCM detects a short between the circuits of one device and another device, it will store a DTC for each of the signal cross coupled faults in memory. The RCM sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the air bag warning indicator. When a normal loop fault is present (one loop is either shorted to battery/ground, open circuit or low resistance), then signal cross coupled diagnostics will not be active. Once the normal loop fault is repaired, then the signal cross coupled diagnostics will resume.
B0002 Information for specific makes
- B0002 ACURA Decreased Resistance In The Drivers Airbag Second Inflator
- B0002 CHRYSLER Driver Frontal Squib 2 Control
- B0002 DODGE Driver Frontal Squib 2 Control
- B0002 FORD Driver Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control: Signal Cross Coupled
- B0002 HONDA Decreased Resistance In The Drivers Airbag Second Inflator
- B0002 INFINITI Driver Air Bag Module
- B0002 JEEP Driver Frontal Squib 2 Control
- B0002 LINCOLN Driver Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control: Signal Cross Coupled
- B0002 MAZDA Driver Side Air Bag Module
- B0002 MERCURY Driver Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control: Signal Cross Coupled
- B0002 NISSAN Driver Air Bag Module
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0002 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0002 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0002 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks