B0002 DODGE - Driver Frontal Squib 2 Control
B0002 DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Air Bag
- Driver Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Steering Wheel Clockspring
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
How do I fix code B0002 DODGE?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
B0001-11-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
B0001-12-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY
B0001-13-DRIVER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT OPEN
Cost of diagnosing the B0002 DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0002 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0002 DODGE DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the ORC (connected to neither power or ground) as protection against inadvertent deployment. Use of the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) Load Tool Kit to test and substitutes a suspect squib with a known good component. The use of the SRS Load Tool Adaptor provides a test point as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the ORC harness connector.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0002 DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0002 Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0002 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks