B0002 HONDA - Decreased Resistance In The Drivers Airbag Second Inflator
- Faulty Driver Side Airbag
- Driver Side Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Side Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Steering Wheel Clockspring
Tech notesB0002-1A: Decreased Resistance In The Driver side Airbag Second Inflator
B0002-11: Short To Ground In The Driver side Airbag Second Inflator
B0002-12: Short To Power In The Driver side Airbag Second Inflator
B0002-13: Open Or Increased Resistance In The Driver side Airbag Second Inflator
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0002 Honda DescriptionThe Driver Side Airbag is located in the center of the steering wheel. The front passenger side airbag is located in the dashboard on the front passenger side. The airbag modules adopt dual inflators for the driver side and/or the front passenger side airbag according to the specifications. The dual inflators increase airbag effectiveness by properly adjusting the timing when the two inflators are ignited (together or sequentially) referring to the collision speed or collision impact.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0002 Honda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0002 HONDA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0002 Honda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks