The MIL is ON in an APPLIED VEHICLE with DTC P0456 (EVAP VERY SML LEAK)
The DTC P0456 is not caused by a loose fuel fill cap.
An EVAP leak has been detected where the vent control valve mounts to the canister.
The vent control valve O-ring seal is determined to be the cause.
Replace the vent control valve O-ring seal (O-ring).
1. Replace the O-ring.
To access the O-ring, refer to the appropriate section in the Electronic Service Manual (ESM) of the APPLIED VEHICLE for vent control valve removal and installation.
- This O-ring is now available separately (Part #: 16618-JF00A).
- When installing, do not add any lubrication to the O-ring.
- Seat the O-ring all the way down as shown on page 4, Figure 7.
- Having the O-ring seated all the way down will assure it is not twisted or rolled over.
- Refer to the pictures on pages 3 and 4 for additional installation information.
- Make sure the surfaces that the O-ring comes in contact with are clean.
- When installed, make sure the O-ring is not twisted or rolled over.
2. Verify the repair is complete by checking for leaks with a “smoke” leak detection machine.