P0410 - Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
P0410 Possible Causes
- Faulty Vacuum hoses damaged
- Faulty Air Pump inoperative
- Air bypass solenoid harness is open or shorted
- Air bypass solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
- Air bypass solenoid leaking/blocked or stuck open/closed
- Air diverter valve leaking/blocked or stuck open/closed
How do I fix code P0410Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0410 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0410 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The secondary air injection system does not detect the presence of air in the exhaust when introduced by the secondary air injection system.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hesitation
P0410 DescriptionAn air pump is used on the vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) grounds the Air pump relay control circuit which energizes the Air pump. The PCM also grounds the Air combination valve vacuum control solenoid circuit, which energizes the Air vacuum control solenoid. Vacuum is then applied to both Air combination valve diaphragms which opens the shut off valves. The PCM enables both circuits simultaneously when Air system operations id desired. When the AIR system is active, then Air pump forces fresh air into the exhaust stream in order to accelerate catalyst operation. The AIR combination valves replace the conventional check valves. When the AIR system is inactive the shut off valves prevent air flow in either direction.
P0410 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0410 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0410 AUDI Secondary Air Injection System-Pump Relay Fault
- P0410 BUICK Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 CADILLAC Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 CHRYSLER Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 DODGE Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 FORD Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 GMC Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 JEEP Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 MAZDA Secondary Air Injection System Problem
- P0410 MERCEDES-BENZ Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 OLDSMOBILE Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 SUBARU Secondary Air Injection System Malfunction
- P0410 VOLKSWAGEN Secondary Air Injection System-Pump Relay Fault
Need more help?Get the P0410 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0410 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks