B1007 - Diagnosis Sensor Unit
B1007 Possible Causes
- Faulty Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit harness is open or shorted
- Diagnosis Sensor Unit circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1007?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the B1007 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1007 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1007 DescriptionThe Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects the whole SRS electrical system and displays the malfunction either by illuminating or blinking the air bag warning lamp in the combination meter. The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit detects a shock that exceeds specified level and watches such systems as the driver and passenger air bag, side air bag, curtain air bag, pre-tensioner seat belts and Occupant Classification System (OCS) operate properly.
The Air Bag Diagnosis Sensor Unit contains the “G” sensors for both frontal and side collisions and spare battery function in case of main battery damaged in a collision.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1007 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1007 ACURA MICU Lost Communication With The Combination Switch Control Unit
- B1007 BUICK EEPROM Write Error
- B1007 CADILLAC EEPROM Write Error
- B1007 CHEVROLET EEPROM Write Error
- B1007 FORD High-Beam Headlamp Switch Component Failure
- B1007 GMC EEPROM Write Error
- B1007 HONDA MICU Lost Communication With The Combination Switch Control Unit
- B1007 INFINITI Diagnosis Sensor Unit
- B1007 LINCOLN High-Beam Headlamp Switch Component Failure
- B1007 MERCURY High-Beam Headlamp Switch Component Failure
- B1007 NISSAN Diagnosis Sensor Unit
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1007 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1007 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks