the common causes of code P0017 ?
To sum things up, the common causes for code P0017 are as follows:
- A faulty cam or crank sensor
- The cam or crank circuit is open or shorted
- The timing belt/chain is out of time
- The cam or crank tone ring is slipped/broken
- A problem in the VVT system
- The PCM is faulty
What are the symptoms of code P0017 ?
Code P0017 may be accompanied by several different symptoms. These including: an engine that runs poorly, an engine that cranks but will not start and an illuminated check engine light.
How do you troubleshoot code P0017 ?
- Perform a visual inspection of the sensors and connections.
Many problems can easily be found in the harness and connectors. So, begin your diagnosis by visually inspecting the sensors and their connections.