P1276 - Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 1 Circuit High Voltage Detected
- Faulty air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 heater Bank 1
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) harness is open or shorted
- Air fuel ratio (A/F) circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1276 DescriptionThe A/F sensor is a planar dual-cell limit current sensor. The sensor element of the A/F sensor is the combination of a Nernst concentration cell (sensor cell) with an oxygen-pump cell, which transports ions. It has a heater in the element.
The sensor is capable of precise measurement λ= 1, but also in the lean and rich range. Together with its control electronics, the sensor outputs a clear, continuous signal throughout a wide λ range (0.7 < λ < air).
The exhaust gas components diffuse through the diffusion gap at the electrode of the oxygen pump and Nernst concentration cell, where they are brought to thermodynamic balance.
An electronic circuit controls the pump current through the oxygen-pump cell so that the composition of the exhaust gas in the diffusion gap remains constant at λ = 1. Therefore, the A/F sensor is able to indicate air/fuel ratio by this pumping of current. In addition, a heater is integrated in the sensor to ensure the required operating temperature of 700 - 800 C (1,292 - 1,472 F).
P1276 Information for specific makes
- P1276 BUICK Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Performance
- P1276 CADILLAC Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Performance
- P1276 CHEVROLET Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Performance
- P1276 FORD Cylinder #6 High To Low Side Open
- P1276 GMC Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 1 Performance
- P1276 INFINITI Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 1 Circuit High Voltage Detected
- P1276 LEXUS Port Injector Circuit Number 1
- P1276 MAZDA Cylinder #6 High To Low Side Open
- P1276 NISSAN Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Bank 1 Circuit High Voltage Detected
- P1276 TOYOTA Port Injector Circuit Number 1
Need more help?Get the P1276 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1276 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1276 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks