B1369 - Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner Circuit Short To Ground
- Faulty Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner
- Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1369 DescriptionThe Seat Belt Pretensioners (BPT) are located at both sides of the center pillar. The Seat Belt Pretensioner tightens seat belt before air bag deploys to protect the passenger from bumping against crush pad, steering wheel, and front window. In the Seat Belt Pretensioner, there are an ignition circuit and cylinder for rewinding belt. Gas chamber generates an expansive force of gases to push the piston in the cylinder to lock the seat belt. The Seat Belt Pretensioners circuit consists of the Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM) and two Seat Belt Pretensioners. The SRSCM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects that the resistance of BPT squib is too high or low.
B1369 Information for specific makes
- B1369 BUICK Ignition 0 Fault
- B1369 CADILLAC Ignition 0 Fault
- B1369 CHEVROLET Ignition 0 Fault
- B1369 GMC Ignition 0 Fault
- B1369 HYUNDAI Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner Circuit Short To Ground
- B1369 KIA Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner Circuit Short To Ground
- B1369 PONTIAC Ignition 0 Fault
- B1369 SATURN Ignition 0 Fault
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1369 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1369 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1369 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks