B1369 KIA Code - Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner Circuit Short To Ground
|B1369 KIA code possible causes
- Faulty Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner
- Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner harness is open or shorted
- Front-Passenger Seat Belt Pretensioner circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM)
|How do I fix the B1369 KIA code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B1369 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1369 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1369 KIA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1369 KIA code descriptionThe Seat Belt Pretensioners (BPT) are located at both sides of the center pillar. The Seat Belt Pretensioner tightens seat belt before air bag deploys to protect the passenger from bumping against crush pad, steering wheel, and front window. In the Seat Belt Pretensioner, there are an ignition circuit and cylinder for rewinding belt. Gas chamber generates an expansive force of gases to push the piston in the cylinder to lock the seat belt. The Seat Belt Pretensioners circuit consists of the Supplemental Restraint System Control Module (SRSCM) and two Seat Belt Pretensioners. The SRSCM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects that the resistance of BPT squib is too high or low.
|Need more information with the B1369 KIA code?Need more information on how to fix the B1369 KIA code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1369 KIA code?Get the B1369 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1369 KIA code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1369 Kia code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks