B0011 - Passenger Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control
B0011 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Airbag
- Passenger Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B0011 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B0011 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0011 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the B0011 code detected?If the Restraints Control Module (RCM) detects a short between the passenger air bag stage 2 circuits and the circuits of another SRS component, it sets this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and the DTC of the corresponding SRS component.
B0011 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0011 DescriptionThe Restraints Control Module (RCM) monitors all deployable device and sensor circuits for a signal cross coupled (short) between circuits. If the RCM detects a short between the circuits of one device and another device, it will store a DTC for each of the signal cross coupled faults in memory. The RCM sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the air bag warning indicator. When a normal loop fault is present (one loop is either shorted to battery/ground, open circuit or low resistance), then signal cross coupled diagnostics will not be active. Once the normal loop fault is repaired, then the signal cross coupled diagnostics will resume.
B0011 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0011 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0011 Information for specific makes
- B0011 ACURA Decreased Resistance In The Passenger Airbag Second Inflator
- B0011 CHRYSLER Passenger Frontal Squib 2 Control
- B0011 DODGE Passenger Frontal Squib 2 Control
- B0011 FORD Passenger Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control
- B0011 HONDA Decreased Resistance In The Passenger Airbag Second Inflator
- B0011 INFINITI Passenger Air Bag Module
- B0011 JEEP Passenger Frontal Squib 2 Control
- B0011 LINCOLN Passenger Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control
- B0011 MERCURY Passenger Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control
- B0011 NISSAN Passenger Air Bag Module
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0011 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0011 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0011 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks