B0011 CHRYSLER Code - Passenger Frontal Squib 2 Control
|B0011 CHRYSLER code possible causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag
- Passenger Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
|How do I fix the B0011 CHRYSLER code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0011 CHRYSLER code tech notesB0011-2B-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - WIRES SHORTED TOGETHER
B0011-11-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
B0011-12-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY
B0011-13-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT OPEN
|Cost of diagnosing the B0011 CHRYSLER code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0011 CHRYSLER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0011 CHRYSLER code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B0011 CHRYSLER code descriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the ORC (connected to neither power nor ground) as protection against inadvertent deployment. Use of the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) load Tool in the tests below substitutes a suspect squib with a known good component. The use of the SRS Load Tool Adapter provides a test point as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the ORC harness connector.
|Need more information with the B0011 CHRYSLER code?Need more information on how to fix the B0011 CHRYSLER code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B0011 CHRYSLER code?Get the B0011 Chrysler code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B0011 CHRYSLER code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0011 Chrysler code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks