B0011 DODGE - Passenger Frontal Squib 2 Control
B0011 DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag
- Passenger Air Bag harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
First diagnose B0011 DODGE code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B0011 DODGE Tech NotesB0011-2B-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - WIRES SHORTED TOGETHER
B0011-11-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
B0011-12-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY
B0011-13-PASSENGER FRONTAL SQUIB 2 CONTROL - CIRCUIT OPEN
Cost of diagnosing the B0011 DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0011 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0011 DODGE Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0011 Dodge DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current to the squibs to verify the integrity of the squib and wiring. These circuits are maintained in a floating configuration at the ORC (connected to neither power nor ground) as protection against inadvertent deployment. Use of the Supplemental Restraints System (SRS) load Tool in the tests below substitutes a suspect squib with a known good component. The use of the SRS Load Tool Adapter provides a test point as well as a method for opening the shorting bar connections within the ORC harness connector.
B0011 DODGE More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0011 DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0011 Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0011 DODGE CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0011 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks