U1901 Code - CAN Network No. 2 Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error
|U1901 code possible causes
- Faulty Stability Control Sensor Cluster
- Stability Control Sensor Cluster harness is open or shorted
- Stability Control Sensor Cluster circuit poor electrical connection
|How do I fix the U1901 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the U1901 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1901 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are U1901 code possible symptoms?
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|U1901 code descriptionThe yaw rate sensor, roll rate sensor, lateral accelerometer and longitudinal accelerometer are contained in one module called the stability control sensor cluster. The sensor cluster measures the vehicle acceleration, roll rate and yaw rate, then sends the signal through a secondary, dedicated controller area network (CAN2) bus to the ABS module. The ABS module compares the information from the sensor cluster to information it receives from other sensors (brake pedal input or steering wheel rotation sensor) to determine how valid the information is and to determine if a roll-over event is about to occur.
The ABS module provides power to the sensor cluster and ground. The sensor cluster and the ABS module communicate. An open circuit or a short to power or ground on any one of these 4 circuits will cause the ABS module to set a DTC. Also, if the sensor cluster is not mounted in the correct position, with the electrical connector facing the passenger seat, the ABS module will also set DTCs.
|Need more information with the U1901 code?Need more information on how to fix the U1901 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|U1901 code information for specific makes
- U1901 BUICK Lost Communication With Infotainment Multifunction Switch Module
- U1901 CADILLAC Lost Communication With Infotainment Multifunction Switch Module
- U1901 CHEVROLET Lost Communication With Infotainment Multifunction Switch Module
- U1901 FORD CAN Network No. 2 Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error
- U1901 GMC Lost Communication With Infotainment Multifunction Switch Module
- U1901 LINCOLN CAN Network No. 2 Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error
- U1901 MERCURY CAN Network No. 2 Communication Bus Fault - Receive Error
|Need help with a U1901 code?Get the U1901 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|U1901 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U1901 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks