U0118 - Lost Communication With Fuel Additive Control Module
- Top Off Fuel Additive Tank
- Faulty Fuel Additive Sensor
- Faulty Fuel Additive Control Module
- Fuel Additive Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Additive Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U0118 DescriptionThe main purpose of the Fuel Additive Control Module is to calculate the required amount of fuel additive and control the time of injection into the fuel tank. It also stores Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) for the fuel additive system. In addition to the already mentioned operation of the fuel additive system module, the instrument cluster will receive a command from the fuel additive system module to illuminate the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) or the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) warning indicator if there are concerns with the additive system or if the fuel additive tank requires refilling. The PCM will set the OBDII code when the PCM loses communication with the Fuel Additive Control Module.
U0118 Information for specific makes
- U0118 FORD Lost Communication With Fuel Additive Control Module
Need more help?Get the U0118 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
U0118 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U0118 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks