P2740 - Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor 'B' Circuit
- Faulty Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor
- Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2740 DescriptionThe ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) Temperature Sensor converts the fluid temperature into a resistance value. The sensor resistance changes with the transmission fluid temperature. As the temperature becomes higher, the sensor resistance decreases. The Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) Temperature Sensor signal. The TCM sets the OBDII code when the ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) Temperature Sensor signal is out of factory specifications.
P2740 Information for specific makes
- P2740 DODGE Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor 'B' Circuit
Need more help?Get the P2740 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P2740 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P2740 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks