P185F - Transfer Case Shift Pending Signal Not Plausible
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Engine Control Module (ECM) harness is open or shorted
- Engine Control Module (ECM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P185f DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) uses the following two ways to determine if the transfer case is in 4WD Low, 4WD High or Neutral.
1. The first way is to compare the transmission output speed sensor to the transfer case output speed sensor in order to calculate transfer case range.
2. The second way is to use a LAN message sent by the transfer case shift control module to the ECM.
The ECM uses this message to determine motor torque required and transmission shifting.
The internal fault detection is handled inside the control module. No external circuit diagnosis is involved.
P185F Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the P185f code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P185F CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P185f code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks