P1764 - Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve Function
P1764 Possible Causes
- Faulty Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve
- Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1764Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1764 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1764 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1764 DescriptionDirect clutch solenoid valve is controlled by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) in response to signals sent from the PNP switch, vehicle speed sensor and accelerator pedal position sensor (throttle position sensor). Gears will then be shifted to the optimum position.
P1764 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1764 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1764 CHRYSLER Governor Pressure Sensor Too Low Conditions
- P1764 DODGE Governor Pressure Sensor Too Low Conditions
- P1764 HYUNDAI CAN Controller Malfunction
- P1764 INFINITI Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve Function
- P1764 JEEP Governor Pressure Sensor Too Low Conditions
- P1764 NISSAN Direct Clutch Solenoid Valve Function
Need more help?Get the P1764 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1764 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks