P1242 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Injector 6
- Fuel Injector 6 harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Injector 6 circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1242 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1242 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1242 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1242 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1242 DescriptionInjector Circuit Open Cylinder 6 is the generic description for the P1242 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1242 OBDII code. Please post your question on our "Questions" section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1242 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1242 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1242 Information for specific makes
- P1242 ACURA Throttle Valve Control Motor Circuit 2 Malfunction
- P1242 AUDI Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 6
- P1242 HONDA Throttle Valve Control Motor Circuit 2 Malfunction
- P1242 ISUZU High Fuel Pressure Regulator Circuit High Voltage
- P1242 JAGUAR Sensor Power Supply High Input
- P1242 MINI Secondary Upstream Manifold Air Pressure Sensor Too High in Deceleration
- P1242 MITSUBISHI Fail Safe Control Monitor
- P1242 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Open Cylinder 6
Need more help?Get the P1242 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1242 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1242 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks