P1232 - Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- Faulty Low Speed Fuel Pump
- Faulty Fuel Pump Relay
- Low Speed Fuel Pump harness is open or shorted
- Low Speed Fuel Pump circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Tech notesThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Low Speed Fuel Pump (LFP) primary circuit output from the PCM. The test fails if: When the LFP circuit is commanded on (grounded), excessive current draw is detected on the LFP circuit; or when the LFP circuit is commanded off, voltage is not detected on the LFP circuit (the PCM expects to detect VPWR voltage coming through the low speed fuel pump relay coil to the LFP circuit).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1232 DescriptionLow Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure is the generic description for the P1232 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1232 OBDII code. Please post your question on our "Questions" section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1232 Information for specific makes
- P1232 AUDI Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Short To Ground
- P1232 CHEVROLET Injector 4 Output Circuit
- P1232 FORD Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 GMC Injector 4 Output Circuit
- P1232 LAND-ROVER Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 LINCOLN Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 MERCURY Low Speed Fuel Pump Primary Circuit Failure
- P1232 MITSUBISHI Throttle Actuator Control Circuit Fault
- P1232 VOLKSWAGEN Injector Circuit Cylinder 8 Short To Ground
Need more help?Get the P1232 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1232 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1232 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks