P1188 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel filter
- Faulty Injector
- Faulty Electric fuel pump
- Faulty Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR)
- Faulty Rail Pressure Sensor (RPS)
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
First diagnose P1188 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1188 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1188 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1188 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1188 DescriptionFuel pressure monitoring is used to detect the troubles and the fuel leakage in high pressure system.
The Engine Control Module (ECM) determines the rail pressure value as a function of the engine’s operating conditions and controls the fuel pressure regulator to ensure that the rail pressure reaches the required value.
Fuel pressure in the fuel line including the pumps and injector are continuously monitored during engine running.
If the rail pressure is excessive, the fuel pressure regulator opens and a portion of the fuel is returned from the rail to the fuel tank via a collector line. If the rail pressure is too low, the fuel pressure regulator closes.
The fuel pressure regulator closes. the fuel pressure regulator is installed in the tail end of high pressure accumulator.
In case of the insufficient fuel supply in the fuel line, the engine symptoms will occur a shut down and a starting impossible.
If the fuel pressure monitoring in engine fuel pressure line generates threshold value, the ECM judged this as a fault and the P1188 code is set.
P1188 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1188 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1188 Information for specific makes
- P1188 ACURA Fuel Tank Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1188 AUDI Linear O2 Sensor Compensation Resistor Short to Ground
- P1188 BMW Fuel Control Bank 1 Sensor 1
- P1188 BUICK Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1188 CADILLAC Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1188 CHEVROLET Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1188 CHRYSLER Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor Performance
- P1188 DODGE Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor Performance
- P1188 FORD Calibration Memory Fault
- P1188 GMC Engine Oil Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1188 HONDA Fuel Tank Temperature Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1188 HYUNDAI Fuel Pressure Monitoring - Leakage
- P1188 JEEP Throttle Inlet Pressure Sensor Performance
- P1188 KIA Fuel Pressure Monitoring - Leakage
- P1188 MINI Fuel Control Bank 1 Sensor 1
- P1188 VOLKSWAGEN Linear O2 Sensor Compensation Resistor Short to Ground
Need more help?Get the P1188 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1188 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1188 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks