P1119 - Engine Coolant Temperature Signal Out Of Rage
P1119 Possible Causes
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1119 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1119 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1119 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1119 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1119 DescriptionThe Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor contains a semiconductor device which changes resistance based on temperature (a thermistor). The ECT sensor mounts in the left bank cylinder head near the front of the engine. The ECT sensor has a signal circuit and a ground circuit. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) applies a voltage (about 5.0 volts) on the signal circuit to the sensor. The PCM monitors changes in this voltage caused by changes in the resistance of the sensor in order to determine the engine coolant temperature.
When the engine coolant is cold, the sensor (thermistor) resistance is high, and the PCMs signal voltage is only pulled down a small amount through the sensor to ground. The PCM senses a high signal voltage (low temperature). When the engine coolant is warm, the sensor resistance is low, and the signal voltage is pulled down a greater amount.
P1119 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1119 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1119 Information for specific makes
- P1119 AUDI HO2S Sensor Heater Circuit Short To Ground Bank 2 Sensor 1
- P1119 BUICK Engine Coolant Temperature Signal Out Of Rage
- P1119 CADILLAC Engine Coolant Temperature Signal Out Of Rage
- P1119 CHEVROLET Engine Coolant Temperature Signal Out Of Rage
- P1119 FORD Manifold Absolute Temperature Circuit High Input
- P1119 GMC Engine Coolant Temperature Signal Out Of Rage
- P1119 HYUNDAI Inlet Metering Valve Control
- P1119 INFINITI Radiator Coolant Temperature Sensor
- P1119 NISSAN Radiator Coolant Temperature Sensor
- P1119 VOLKSWAGEN HO2S Sensor Heater Circuit Short To Ground Bank 2 Sensor 1
Need more help?Get the P1119 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P1119 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1119 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks