P1078 - Intake Manifold Runner Control System Malfunction High RPM
P1078 Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) Valve
- IMRC Valve harness is open or shorted
- IMRC Valve circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P1078Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P1078 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1078 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1078 DescriptionEngine power is achieved by closing and opening the Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) valve. When the valve is closed, there is high torque at low engine speed. When the valve is open, there is high torque a high engine speed.
P1078 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1078 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1078 ACURA Intake Manifold Runner Control System Malfunction High RPM
- P1078 BMW Valvetronics Actuator Motor Overload
- P1078 HONDA Intake Manifold Runner Control System Malfunction High RPM
- P1078 INFINITI Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 Circuit
- P1078 MINI Valvetronics Actuator Motor Overload
- P1078 NISSAN Exhaust Valve Timing Control Position Sensor Bank 1 Circuit
Need more help?Get the P1078 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1078 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks