P0ADB - Hybrid Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low
P0ADB Possible Causes
- Faulty System Main Relay
- System Main Relay harness is open or shorted
- System Main Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty HV control ECU
First diagnose P0ADB code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0ADB code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0ADB code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0ADB Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0adb DescriptionThe SMRs (System Main Relays) connect and disconnect the high-voltage power supply circuit in accordance with requests from the HV control ECU. To ensure a reliable operation, they consists of a total of 3 relays (1 for the negative side and 2 for the positive side).
To connect, SMR1 and SMR3 turn ON initially. Then, SMR2 turns ON and SMR1 turns OFF. This process protects the circuit from the high-voltage surge current by allowing the limit current to flow via the resistor.
To disconnect, SMR2 and SMR3 turn OFF in that order. The HV control ECU checks that the relays have turned OFF properly.
The HV control ECU monitors the proper operation of the SMRs (CON1, CON2 and CON3) to check for a malfunction.
P0ADB More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0ADB code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0ADB Information for specific makes
- P0ADB BUICK Hybrid/EV Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0ADB CADILLAC Hybrid/EV Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0ADB CHEVROLET Hybrid/EV Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0ADB GMC Hybrid/EV Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low Voltage
- P0ADB LEXUS Hybrid Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low
- P0ADB NISSAN Hybrid Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low
- P0ADB TOYOTA Hybrid Battery Positive Contactor Control Circuit Low
Need more help?Get the P0adb code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0ADB CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0adb code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks