P0977 - Shift Solenoid 'B' Control Circuit High
P0977 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shift solenoid 'B' valve
- Shift solenoid 'B' valve harness or connectors
- Shift solenoid 'B' valve circuit is open or shorted
How do I fix code P0977?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0977 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0977 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0977 DescriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) commands gear shifts by turning the shift solenoid valves ON/OFF . When there is an open or short circuit in any shift solenoid valve circuit, the ECM detects the problem and illuminates the engine light and stores the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), and the ECM performs the fail-safe function and turns the other shift solenoids valves in good condition ON/OFF .
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0977 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0977 ACURA Shift Solenoid Valve 'B' Circuit Open
- P0977 BUICK Shift Solenoid 'B' Open Or Short To Power
- P0977 CADILLAC Shift Solenoid 'B' Open Or Short To Power
- P0977 CHEVROLET Shift Solenoid 'B' Open Or Short To Power
- P0977 DODGE Shift Solenoid 'B' Control Circuit High
- P0977 GMC Shift Solenoid 'B' Open Or Short To Power
- P0977 HONDA Shift Solenoid Valve 'B' Circuit Open
- P0977 LEXUS Shift Solenoid 'B' Control Circuit High
- P0977 SCION Shift Solenoid 'B' Control Circuit High
- P0977 TOYOTA Shift Solenoid 'B' Control Circuit High
Need more help?Get the P0977 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0977 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks