P0961 - Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit Range/Performance
- Faulty Pressure Control Solenoid 'A'
- Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' harness is open or shorted
- Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0961 DescriptionThe Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Valve an electronic pressure regulator that controls transmission line pressure based on current flow through its coil windings. As current flow is increased, the magnetic field produced by the coil moves the solenoid’s plunger further away from the exhaust port. Opening the exhaust port decreases the output fluid pressure regulated by the PC solenoid valve, which ultimately decreases line pressure. The line pressure solenoid valve regulates the oil pump discharge pressure to suit the driving condition in response to a signal sent from the Transmission Control Module (TCM).
P0961 Information for specific makes
- P0961 BUICK Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance
- P0961 CADILLAC Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance
- P0961 CHEVROLET Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance
- P0961 DODGE Pressure Control Solenoid 'A' Control Circuit Range/Performance
- P0961 GMC Line Pressure Control Solenoid System Performance
Need more help?Get the P0961 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0961 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0961 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks