P0780 - Shift Control System Fault
P0780 Possible Causes
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty shifting solenoid valve
- Shifting solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Shifting solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code P0780?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P0780 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0780 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The P0780 codes is detected when no rotation change occurs between input (turbine revolution sensor) and output (revolution sensor) and shifting time is long or when shifting ends immediately or when engine revs up unusually during shifting.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Transmission shift shock
P0780 DescriptionThe Transmission Control Module (TCM) monitors the transmission mechanical shifting through various sensors. This malfunction is detected when the A/T does not shift as instructed by the TCM. This is not caused by electrical malfunction (circuits open or shorted) but by mechanical malfunction such as control valve sticking,improper solenoid valve operation, etc.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0780 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P0780 ACURA Shift Control System Fault
- P0780 AUDI Shift Malfunction
- P0780 FORD Shift Control System Fault
- P0780 HONDA Shift Control System Fault
- P0780 HYUNDAI Shift Control System Fault
- P0780 INFINITI Shift Control System Fault
- P0780 MAZDA Shift Malfunction
- P0780 MERCEDES-BENZ Shift Control System Fault
- P0780 NISSAN Shift Control System Fault
- P0780 SUZUKI Shift Malfunction
- P0780 VOLKSWAGEN Shift Malfunction
Need more help?Get the P0780 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0780 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks