P0460 - Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- Faulty Fuel Level Sensor
- Fuel Level Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Level Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty combination meter
When is the code detected?Even though the vehicle is parked, a signal being varied is sent from the fuel level sensor to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Fuel level gauge improper operation
P0460 DescriptionThe fuel level sensor is mounted in the fuel level sensor unit. The sensor detects a fuel level in the fuel tank and transmits a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM). The fuel level sensor consists of two parts, one is mechanical float and the other side is variable resistor. The fuel level sensor output voltage changes depending on the movement of the fuel mechanical float.
P0460 Information for specific makes
- P0460 CHRYSLER Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 DODGE Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 FORD Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 INFINITI Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
- P0460 JEEP Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 KIA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
- P0460 LINCOLN Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 MAZDA Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
- P0460 MERCEDES-BENZ Fuel Level Sensor Circuit Malfunction
- P0460 MERCURY Fuel Level Sensor 'A' Circuit
- P0460 NISSAN Fuel Level Sensor Circuit
Need more help?Get the P0460 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0460 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0460 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks