P0021 NISSAN - Intake Valve Timing Control Performance Bank 2
P0021 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Camshaft Position Sensor
- Camshaft Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (POS)
First diagnose P0021 NISSAN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
P0021 NISSAN Tech NotesSince the Intake valve timing control solenoid valve uses oil flow to control timing, dirty oil can cause the valve to stuck open or close. Before replacing the valve, change engine oil and filter and reset engine code.
Cost of diagnosing the P0021 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0021 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P0021 NISSAN code detected?When there is a gap between angle of target and phase-control angle degree, the valve will stop working and the ECM will trigger the P0021 code.
P0021 NISSAN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of power
- Engine rough idle
P0021 Nissan DescriptionThis mechanism hydraulically controls cam phases continuously with the fixed operating angle of the intake valve.
The ECM receives signals such as crankshaft position, camshaft position, engine speed, and engine coolant temperature. Then, the ECM sends ON/OFF pulse duty signals to the intake valve timing control solenoid valve depending on driving status. This makes it possible to control the shut/open timing of the intake valve to increase engine torque in low/mid speed range and output in high-speed range.
The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow. The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle. When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.
P0021 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0021 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P0021 Nissan Information for specific Nissan models
- P0021 2002 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P0021 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P0021 2004 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P0021 2005 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P0021 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P0021 2004 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0021 2005 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0021 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0021 2007 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0021 2008 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0021 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0021 2006 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0021 2007 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0021 2008 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0021 2009 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0021 2010 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0021 2011 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0021 2012 NISSAN PATHFINDER
Need more help?Get the P0021 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0021 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0021 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks