P000C - 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
P000C Possible Causes
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the variable camshaft timing (VCT) valve body
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Radio frequency interference (RFI)
First diagnose P000C code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the P000C code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P000C code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P000C Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P000c DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors and evaluates the response of the actual position on a target position change. The setpoint and camshaft position are saved at the beginning of a setpoint change. If this change over time is large enough (gradient), the camshaft phasing change is evaluated. If the change after the diagnostic time is smaller than a threshold, a slow response is detected, and if the value is greater, then there is no concern. By detecting a concern, an antibounce counter is incremented otherwise the counter is decremented. If the counter exceeds an adjustable limit, the P000C is set.
P000C More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P000C code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P000C Information for specific makes
- P000C AUDI 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
- P000C BMW 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
- P000C CHRYSLER 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
- P000C DODGE 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
- P000C JEEP 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
- P000C MINI 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
- P000C VOLKSWAGEN 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 2
Need more help?Get the P000c code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P000C CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P000c code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks