C1616 Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronically Controlled System (ETACS) ECU
- Faulty Ignition Switch
- Electronically Controlled System (ETACS) ECU harness is open or shorted
- Electronically Controlled System (ETACS) ECU circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty All Wheel Control (AWC) ECU
How do I fix code C1616Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the C1616 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1616 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1616 DescriptionThe All Wheel Control (AWC) ECU receives the signal of the ignition switch from Electronically Controlled System (ETACS) ECU via CAN communication. The code is set when the cranking signal is set for five seconds or more continuously while driving.
C1616 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1616 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- C1616 MITSUBISHI Cranking Signal System
Need more help?Get the C1616 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1616 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks