C0166 - TCS Priming Line Valve Circuit Malfunction
C0166 Possible Causes
- Faulty TCS Prime Valve Solenoid
- TCS Prime Valve Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- TCS Prime Valve Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code C0166?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the C0166 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C0166 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0166 DescriptionThe Master Cylinder Isolation Valve, or TCS Prime Valve Solenoid circuits are supplied with battery power when the ignition is in the RUN position. The Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) controls the valve functions by grounding the circuit when necessary.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C0166 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- C0166 BUICK TCS Priming Line Valve Circuit Malfunction
- C0166 CADILLAC TCS Priming Line Valve Circuit Malfunction
- C0166 CHEVROLET TCS Priming Line Valve Circuit Malfunction
- C0166 GMC TCS Priming Line Valve Circuit Malfunction
- C0166 PONTIAC TCS Priming Line Valve Circuit Malfunction
- C0166 SATURN TCS Priming Line Valve Circuit Malfunction
Need more help?Get the C0166 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0166 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks