When is the code detected?- Error in communication between ECM and transponder key ECU assy, and in communication line
- Communication ID is different during communication with transponder key ECU
B2799 DescriptionThis Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is output when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects errors in communication between the Transponder Key Electronic Control Unit (ECU) assembly and the ECM, or in the communication lines.
This DTC is also output when an engine start is attempted while the ECU communication ID between the transponder key ECU assembly and the ECM is different.
Before troubleshooting for this DTC, make sure that there is no DTC detected in the transponder key ECU. If there is a key code-related DTC detected in the transponder key ECU assy, repair it first.
B2799 Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Do you need more help with the B2799 code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code
B2799 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B2799 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks