B2799 TOYOTA - Engine Immobilizer Malfunction
- Faulty Key
- Faulty transponder key amplifier
- Faulty Transponder Key Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Transponder key amplifier wire harness
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?
- Communication ID is different during communication with transponder key ECU
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B2799 TOYOTA Description
This DTC is also output when an engine start is attempted while the ECU communication ID between the transponder key ECU assembly and the ECM is different.
Before troubleshooting for this DTC, make sure that there is no DTC detected in the transponder key ECU. If there is a key code-related DTC detected in the transponder key ECU assy, repair it first.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?
B2799 TOYOTA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B2799 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks