B1413 Code - Frontal Restraints Sensor
|B1413 code possible causes
- Faulty Frontal Restraints Sensor
- Frontal Restraints Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Frontal Restraints Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
|How do I fix the B1413 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1413 code tech notesB1413:11 Driver Frontal Restraints Sensor Circuit Short to Ground
B1413:93 Driver Frontal Restraints Sensor No Operation
|Cost of diagnosing the B1413 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1413 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1413 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1413 code descriptionThe Restraint Control Module (RCM) monitors the LH front impact severity sensor circuits for the following faults: Open circuit, Short to voltage, Short to ground, Faulted LH front impact severity sensor. If a fault is detected, the RCM stores Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) B1413 in memory and sends a message to the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) to illuminate the airbag warning indicator.
|Need more information with the B1413 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1413 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1413 code information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1413 code?Get the B1413 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1413 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1413 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks