B13BF - Run/Start Input Circuit Short to Ground Or Open
B13BF Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Energy Control Module (BECMB)
- Battery Energy Control Module (BECMB) harness is open or shorted
- Battery Energy Control Module (BECMB) circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B13BFCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B13BF code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B13BF code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B13bf DescriptionThe Battery Energy Control Module (BECMB) provides battery voltage to the Restraints Control Module (RCM) and Occupant Classification System Module (OCSM). The BECMB compares HS-CAN1 messages to ignition voltage inputs. If the status of the HS-CAN1 message and the voltage input do not match, the BECMB sets a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC). A fault is indicated when the hard-wired ignition input to the BECMB is inactive, but the BECMB receives an ignition status on the HS-CAN1 that contradicts the hard-wired input status.
B13BF More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B13BF code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B13bf code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B13bf code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks