B1355 - Passenger Front Airbag Short to Battery
B1355 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Front Airbag
- Passenger Front Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Front Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1355 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1355 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1355 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1355 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1355 DescriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself.
Upon passing these test ignition and deployment loop voltages are measured to ensure that they are within their normal voltage ranges. The SDM monitors the voltages at the driver low and the passenger low to detect shorts to ground or voltage in the deploy loops.
The SDM checks the wiring connection to the passenger airbag module by letting the infinitesimal current flow through the internal circuit and verify the resistance.
B1355 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1355 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1355 Information for specific makes
- B1355 BUICK Passenger Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1355 CADILLAC Passenger Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1355 CHEVROLET Passenger Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1355 GMC Passenger Front Airbag Short to Battery
- B1355 HYUNDAI Passenger-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Short To Battery
- B1355 KIA Passenger-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Short To Battery
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1355 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1355 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1355 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks