B1346 Code - Driver Front Airbag Resistance Too High
|B1346 code possible causes
- Faulty Driver Front Airbag
- Driver Front Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Driver Front Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Clockspring
|How do I fix the B1346 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B1346 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1346 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1346 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B1346 code descriptionWhen the ignition switch is turned to ON, the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) will perform turn-on test to diagnose critical malfunctions within SDM itself.
Upon passing these test ignition and deployment loop voltages are measured to ensure that they are within their normal voltage ranges. The SDM monitors the voltages at the driver low and the passenger low to detect shorts to ground or voltage in the deploy loops.
The SDM checks the wiring connection to the driver airbag module by letting the infinitesimal current flow through the internal circuit and verify the resistance.
|Need more information with the B1346 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1346 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1346 code information for specific makes
- B1346 BUICK Driver Front Airbag Resistance Too High 📷
- B1346 CADILLAC Driver Front Airbag Resistance Too High 📷
- B1346 CHEVROLET Driver Front Airbag Resistance Too High 📷
- B1346 GMC Driver Front Airbag Resistance Too High 📷
- B1346 HYUNDAI Driver-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Resistance High 📷
- B1346 INFINITI Front Door Satellite Sensor Left Communication Out Specifications
- B1346 KIA Driver-Side Air Bag Module First Stage Resistance High 📷
- B1346 NISSAN Front Door Satellite Sensor Left Communication Out Specifications
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B1346 code?Get the B1346 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B1346 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1346 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks