B1207 - Passenger Air Bag Indicator Circuit Shorted Together
B1207 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp
- Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
First diagnose B1207 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1207 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1207 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1207 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1207 DescriptionThe Air Barg Control Unit monitors the Passenger Air Bag circuit. The control unit sets theOBDII code when the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) detects over current on the Passenger Air Bag Driver circuit.
B1207 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1207 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1207 Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1207 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1207 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1207 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks