B1207 FORD - Passenger Air Bag Indicator Circuit Shorted Together
- Faulty Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp
- Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Air Bag Indicator Lamp circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1207 Ford DescriptionThe Air Barg Control Unit monitors the Passenger Air Bag circuit. The control unit sets theOBDII code when the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) detects over current on the Passenger Air Bag Driver circuit.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1207 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1207 FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1207 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks