B1087 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Pre-Tensioner Left
- Front Pre-Tensioner Left harness is open or shorted
- Front Pre-Tensioner Left circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1087 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1087 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1087 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1087 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1087 DescriptionIn the case of a frontal collision that exceeds specified impact level, the diagnosis sensor unit detects the deceleration caused by the collision. If restrains the passenger with seat belt easing the stress on passengers chest with load limiter.
The restraint system for front seat occupant consists of the pre-tensioner mechanism and load limiter mechanism.
B1087 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1087 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1087 Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1087 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1087 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1087 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks