B1087 INFINITI - Front Pre-Tensioner Left Short
- Faulty Front Pre-Tensioner Left
- Front Pre-Tensioner Left harness is open or shorted
- Front Pre-Tensioner Left circuit poor electrical connection
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1087 Infiniti DescriptionIn the case of a frontal collision that exceeds specified impact level, the diagnosis sensor unit detects the deceleration caused by the collision. If restrains the passenger with seat belt easing the stress on passengers chest with load limiter.
The restraint system for front seat occupant consists of the pre-tensioner mechanism and load limiter mechanism.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1087 Infiniti code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1087 INFINITI CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1087 Infiniti code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks