B106A - Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
B106A Possible Causes
- Faulty Window Defogger Relay
- Window Defogger Relay harness is open or shorted
- Window Defogger Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B106A?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B106A code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B106A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B106A DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Window Defogger Relay. The BCM sets the OBDII code when it detects a short to voltage on the Defogger Relay Control circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B106A code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B106A CHRYSLER Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
- B106A DODGE Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
- B106A FORD Pressure Sensor Range Bit Incorrect State
- B106A JEEP Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
- B106A LINCOLN Pressure Sensor Range Bit Incorrect State
- B106A MERCURY Pressure Sensor Range Bit Incorrect State
- B106A RAM Rear Defrost Control Circuit Short To Battery
Need more help?Get the B106a code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B106a code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks