B0113 Code - Short To Positive In Right-Side Air Bag Module Squib Circuit
|B0113 code possible causes
- Faulty Right-Side Air Bag Module
- Right-Side Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Right-Side Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
|How do I fix the B0113 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B0113 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0113 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0113 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B0113 code descriptionThe side air bag module squib circuit consists of the air bag sensor assembly and side air bag module. The squib circuit causes the side air bag to deploy when deployment conditions are satisfied. The Air Bag Control Module monitors the Right-Side Air Bag Module. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Right-Side Air Bag Module is not to factory specifications.
|Need more information with the B0113 code?Need more information on how to fix the B0113 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B0113 code information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B0113 code?Get the B0113 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B0113 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0113 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks