B00A0 Possible Causes
- Faulty Occupant Detection Sensor
- Occupant Detection Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Detection Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Fualty Occupant Classification System (OCS) Control Unit
- Faulty Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module)
First diagnose B00A0 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B00A0 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B00A0 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B00A0 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B00a0 DescriptionThe Occupant Classification System (OCS) Control Unit is wired to the air bag diagnosis sensor unit. The Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module) will monitor the OCS for failures and interruptions in communication between the OCS control unit and the Air Bag Sensor Unit (Air Bag Control Module). The Air Bag Sensor Unit monitors the Occupant Detection Sensor. The Air Bag Sensor Unit sets the OBDII code when the Occupant Detection Sensor is not to factory specifications.
B00A0 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B00A0 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B00A0 Information for specific makes
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B00a0 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B00A0 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B00a0 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks