B0036 - Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor Open, Missing, Or Shorted To Battery
B0036 Possible Causes
- Faulty Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor (ADS)
- Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0036 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B0036 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0036 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0036 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0036 DescriptionThe inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) monitors the inflatable restraint front end sensor circuit for front impact detection. The SDM processes the signal provided by the front end sensor to further support deployment of the air bags. The front end sensor is an input only to the SDM and does not directly cause air bag deployment. When the ignition is turned ON, the SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored.
B0036 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0036 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0036 Information for specific makes
- B0036 BUICK Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor Open, Missing, Or Shorted To Battery
- B0036 CADILLAC Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor Open, Missing, Or Shorted To Battery
- B0036 CHEVROLET Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor Open, Missing, Or Shorted To Battery
- B0036 GMC Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor Open, Missing, Or Shorted To Battery
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0036 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0036 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0036 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks