B0036 CHEVROLET - Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor Open, Missing, Or Shorted To Battery
- Faulty Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor (ADS)
- Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Auxiliary Discriminating Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0036 Chevrolet DescriptionThe inflatable restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) monitors the inflatable restraint front end sensor circuit for front impact detection. The SDM processes the signal provided by the front end sensor to further support deployment of the air bags. The front end sensor is an input only to the SDM and does not directly cause air bag deployment. When the ignition is turned ON, the SDM performs continuous diagnostic tests on the deployment loops to check for proper circuit continuity and for shorts to ground or voltage. If a malfunction is detected, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be stored.
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B0036 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B0036 CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B0036 Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks