U2013 MERCURY - Compass Module is not Responding
- Faulty / intermittent ignition switch connections
- J1850 / SCP / CAN Bus wiring intermittently open/shorted to power or ground
- Faulty / intermittent connections at Compass module
- Faulty / intermittent connections at ABS Control Module (ABS)
- Faulty / intermittent connections at the instrument cluster (IPC)
- Faulty / intermittent connections at Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Tech notesThis is typically an electrical wiring connection issue at one of the controllers being monitored by the manufacturer.
It can also be caused when:
On certain vehicles, accompanied by misfire codes, the ignition coils fail.
Electrical connections at the Instrument Cluster
When is the code detected?When other modules are unable to communicate with the Compass Module on the bus network at any time while the ignition switch is in the “Run” position, code U2013 sets in memory.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Amber ABS (Anti-lock Brakes) Light ON
- Wrench Light On
- Compass readings blank
U2013 Mercury DescriptionThis is a manufacturer specific fault code and can be used for several different faults, depending upon what the manufacturer wants to use it for. Controllers communicate over the Serial Communication Protocol (SCP) bus network, also known as J1850 bus, or Controller Area Network (CAN) Bus. These bus communication systems may or may not be fault tolerant, which means any type of intermittent/loose connection between these controllers could cause communication to stop. When these controllers are unable to communicate with each other at any time while the ignition switch is turned on, code U2013 will set.
Need more help?Get the U2013 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
U2013 MERCURY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the U2013 Mercury code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks